EvilTelephoneEvilTelephone

Main Audio Reviews Stats 1 Fan

Enter the Neostream Enter the Neostream

To preface this quick review, I'm not much of a fan of dubstep. It just doesn't do anything for me, usually. That being said, this song is damn catchy. I'm really liking it. The beat is solid and the bass lines have some interesting patterns.

Now, there are several ways you could improve it in my opinion. First, the way the song is set up, it's kind of repetitive, but there's awesome content sprinkled about that could have been used to mix things up. In various parts of the song you introduce new sounds, but only for a few patterns and then you either never revisit the sound again later in the song, or you do sparingly. You had some great things going on in there that I would have liked to hear more of, while hearing less of that 'main' pattern that dominates most of the song.

Also, the low, clean bass that starts at 0:38 is absolutely delicious. Seriously nice sound. You did revisit it a few times later in the song, but it was pretty much just a repeat of the previous pattern. I'd love to hear some more interesting things done with it. This sort of goes hand-in-hand with the above suggestion.

In the end it seemed like you had a lot of fantastic ideas, and I could hear them peaking out, but you didn't take enough chances. Considering that, you still created a catchy song that was fun to listen to.

FortressLord responds:

Thanks a lot for the review! The positives were very nice, and the negatives were honest and constructive, reviews like that help me out.

FACT: The entire track was originally a bass heavy trance using variants of the 0:38 tune, until the bass became so big I deleted other parts and added more dub-sounds.

Grindhouse Loop Grindhouse Loop

Damn!

Wow, this is actually pretty damn good! Some awesome sounds in there. The little piano surprise at the end was fantastic as well.

HQRSE - Pixelated Heart-Remix HQRSE - Pixelated Heart-Remix

Wild ride...

Fun song. Noisy, of course, but not difficult to listen to. The beat is awesome. Well done.

Bells Of Eternity Bells Of Eternity

Could be so much more ...

Nice sound, but very repetitive. The second "part" at around 1 minute is a bit off-key. Needs something else to it.

woxx responds:

Yes, i know. See this as a Beta. I will se what people think and then i will hopefully make a better verison soon. So please give ideas if you feel like it.

Final Fantasy 4 Final Fantasy 4

Bzzt

That was unexpected. I was thinking "eh, another 'prelude' remix" and then you just started busting out with some vocals. Not bad vocals, either! You have a good voice for rap, but you SERIOUSLY need some sort of wind cover for the mic. The clipping is pretty terrible on some parts of the vocal track and it really makes the song hard to listen to.

Popcorn [EON Remix] Popcorn [EON Remix]

Superb. A compliment to the original.

I've always loved Popcorn (heck, I own the original 1972 Gershon Kingsley LP), and have listened to a lot of remixes. This is, by far, one of the best I've heard. Fantastic. My only gripe was with the backwards instruments about half-way through, but it wasn't enough to take point off the rating.